members joining/renewing their subscriptions agree to abide by the Code of Ethics.
The code was adopted by the Club at the AGM of June 1987.
1 - Compliance of Code of Ethics
2 - Code of Ethics and Understanding
Any person applying for membership, or renewal of membership of the JRTC of
A Inc shall, in addition to agreeing to be bound by the Constitution, Rules
and Regulations of the JRTC of A Inc, be also bound to the Code of Ethics relating
to responsible ownership, including keeping, welfare, breeding, selling and
disposing of the dogs/bitches by members to the effect of the terms and conditions
set out under Section 2 hereof.
1. I shall ensure that at all times all dogs/bitches under my control, are
housed, fed, watered, exercised and receive proper Veterinary
if and when required.
2. I shall not allow any dog/bitch under my care to roam at large, and when
from home, ensure they are kept fully leashed, or under
at all times.
3. I shall breed only for the purpose of improving the breed, and not for
market or any other commercial purpose.
4. I shall not breed from any bitch kept by me before it is twelve months
of age, and
thereafter not more than once in each succeeding period
of twelve months.
Provided however, that it should be necessary through
circumstances, to breed from the bitch twice within twelve
I shall rest the bitch on the third season.
5. I shall not permit any of my registered Jack Russell Terriers to be mated
dog/bitch of a different breed, to a cross bred dog/bitch,
or any unregistered
dog/bitch of the same breed.
6. I shall not sell or otherwise transfer from my care, any pup under eight
age, the aforementioned pup must be immunised at
six weeks of age and be fully
wormed to date of purchase (e.g. at 2, 4, 6, and
8 weeks of age).
7. I shall ensure that all persons acquiring pups or adult dogs/bitches
clearly understand their responsibility for the
care and welfare of the animals,
i.e. adequate fencing, sufficient room and proper
8. I shall not sell any pups or adult dogs/bitches to commercial dog wholesalers,
retail pet dealers, or directly or indirectly allow
a puppy, dog or bitch to be given
as a prize or donation in a contest of any kind.
9. I shall not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed,
advertise or mislead any person regarding the performance
of any dog/bitch.
10. I shall ensure when selling or transferring a pup or adult dog/bitch to another
person, that official documents as required by the
JRTC of A Inc will be provided
to the purchasers or transferee at point of sale
11. All breeders with a JRTCA Inc registered prefix,
(while being financial members of the Club)
MUST register all subsequent litters bred by them
registered dogs and bitches are used.
Any member failing to observe any provision of the Code of Ethics may be dealt
with by the Sitting Committee.
I shall abide by all rules in compliance with the JRTCA Inc I also agree to
I shall always seek permission to hunt and will obey landowners instructions.
2. I shall abide by all government regulations and laws pertaining
and the use of a firearm, including safety.
3. I shall always leave the property free of rubbish including shotgun
4. I shall have the best interest of the dogs/bitches under my control
at all times,
ensuring the dogs/bitches do not suffer any undue
This includes transport to and from properties.
5. I shall always dispatch the fox or other feral pest hunted in a
quick and humane way.
6. I shall NEVER TRAP live animals for the use of training dogs/bitches
7. I shall not use a dog/bitch under 6 months of age to hunt fox.
8. I shall only hunt feral pests and such game as allowed by State
Law and not
allow the dogs/bitches under my control to attack
or kill any protected species.
9. I shall ensure that I discourage dogs/bitches under my control
harassing livestock at all times.
10. Any member who contravenes any of the above rules will be notified by
National Committee and, if necessary, action
BACK TO APPLICATION FORM
|| HOME ||